Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Handlebar Moustache Fandango Explained...

My boys are coming up in 11 days. These guys have been with me for damn near 25 years! We have been groomsmen in each other's weddings (well, everyone except one...here's to hoping that someday they will legalize it for him - HA HA HA). We have stuck by each other through crazy ex-girlfriends (except that one time in 1996 when Jeffcephous was persona non grata). We have seen each other through first jobs, first children and first marriages (HA!). If these guys outlive me, I know that they'll be carrying my casket.



With that said, we are ringing in my 30th with a little moustache party. The ribs will be cooking, the beer will be shotgunnin' and the 'staches will be blowing in the breeze. There is no better way than to hillbilly-it-up for the weekend. I know that there will be beer cans in my yard and probably someone getting punched (out of love, not hate). In all the hoopla the signs of our hirsute upper lips will be a beacon unto the world (or at least Metro Detroit)...WATCH OUT! Here's to another weekend with "My Boys."

No comments: