Sunday, September 14, 2008

Vegetarians Brain Shrinkage

In another fabulous study, scientists have shown that vegetarians are more likely to suffer from brain shrinkage than normal omnivores. Vitamin B12 (or a lack of this vitamin) is the cause of brain shrinkage in vegetarians and vegans (along with elderly, pregnant women and people who live strictly on Twinkies). Read more HERE.

I always was very smarmy with my veggie-swilling friends in college. They chastised me daily for my love of all things once mobile and breathing grilled, fried and broiled. I heard rant after rant about the healthy benefits of such a life style. Now, I know that there are benefits, but everything in moderation my friend. We have high schoolers drowning themselves in the "gotta Hydrate" frenzy, people eating so much soy that it gets bad for them and eventually the egg will surely be bad for us again, or is it bad now and it will be good for us again? Does anyone know about eggs? Am I supposed to eat them? Will I die if I do? Will I die if I don't? Damn science!

I always told my vegetarian friends in college that they were stupidly arguing with me...now I have scientific proof.

No comments: