Saturday, September 6, 2008

R.E.S.P.E.C.T.

Ohio University deserves its respect. After decades of jokes and fans only going to the games for the halftime show (that was me!), the Ohio University Bobcat football team gave "No.3" THE Ohio State Buckeyes a RUN FOR THEIR MONEY!!! And they did this with a second-string quarterback (that that OSU).


According to an article in the New York Times, THE Ohio State University wide receiver Brian Hartline said, "O.U. should have won the game. I don’t know how we came out with it.” And I must agree! I have never been so riveted to a football game (and I was listening on the radio! I am not a sports fan and usually could care less so this is a big feat).

The article goes onto say that "Ohio’s inspired play quieted the fans as well as the Buckeyes." Again, I agree.

SO GO FREAKIN' BOBCATS! Get a little respect for some hard work and dumb luck. It goes to show that you can never underestimate the underdog!


UPDATE!!! The Bobcats helped knock old THE Ohio State University from No. 3 in the Coaches and AP Poll to No. 5 on Sunday! Way to go Green and White! Read more HERE.

No comments: