Monday, September 8, 2008

What a long strange trip...(it will be)

With such a kitschy title, this is obviously sophomoric...how apropos that this particular entry is about my upcoming trip to Ohi-A. During the first week of October I will be joining both family and friends for a rootin'-tootin' good time. High School Football games, pumpkin farms, cows and county fairs will fill a three day schedule.

Friday is the - wait for it - high school homecoming football game. Should be a hefty dose of mulletude kickin' in the ol' 43155. Probably "chaw" in the urinals too! If only I hadn't cut my horseshoe mustache.


Saturday is a fun-filled day (no sarcasm intended) with my seester and my nephew. My parents might tag along, but we are all off to a pumpkin farm to get the little one into some trouble. Yea childhood! This kid is cool! He is my number one bud!


Sunday is the Fairfield County Fair Preview Day. My buddy John, a PR rep from a small liberal arts college in central Ohio, is accompanying me to this lovely day (as well as doing the Friday football fun with me). It should be full of cows, chickens, 4-H projects, funnel cakes and little 4-inch mirrors enscrawled with Motley Crue and Poison album covers.

I will surely come home with a cane from the cane toss, a yard stick from the farm bureau and some salt water taffy. Oh yea, and probably some animal feces in my shoe treads.


I will surely be reporting about this weekend later in the fall.

No comments: